Sunday, April 10, 2011

ARTICLE: Lovebox Poster Design Competition

As part of the website update, I have been needing to complete further graphic design projects to replace the rather tired selection currently on display. I recently found out about a poster design competition organised by 'Don't Panic', the brief to design a poster to promote the Lovebox Bangbox festival happening in London in July. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get back into that graphic design thought processes again.

After deciding on a concept, I followed through on one until I was happy with the results, this is what I submitted:



Not a very complex design, and I'm sure I could remix it again and further whilst maintaining a nice simplicity. I wanted to create a bit of depth to the design rather than a plain, flat look, so decided to play off the 3d drawings of the cubes.

My way of thinking has changed over the years regarding getting everything just right when working in graphic design, especially using the digital tools available. Even in life, I much prefer 'organic imperfections' rather than 'clinical perfection', and I'm sure this will continue; although obviously, different jobs require different levels of correctness.

There have been some great entries already submitted, and I can't say i entered to win (as I'm feeling a bit rusty so to speak) but it has been a lot of fun.


Simon @ theblend

- Posted using BlogPress
Location:Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments, thoughts, maybe even a suggestion, I'd be interested to hear it!