Friday, April 1, 2011

Kindness and Respect

This isn't really design related, but I wanted to write about something that happened last week whilst I was at at the Barcelona photography and imaging expo SONIMAGFOTO. I have a BLACK RAPID strap for my camera (which I love, the best strap out here!), the importers of them into Spain had an exhibition on, I was able to speak with this American guy about one of the attachments they have for the strap. He was told that it wouldn't fit, we couldn't see why but we tried it anyway.

After a bit of messing around, we got it on and agreed it fitted fine. He asked if I wanted to buy it but I wasn't in a position to drop 18€ on a bit of nylon strapping at that time. The American guy had a word with the importer, came back to me and said "as you helped understand that these things are compatible, i'm going to give this to you!"

It made my day!! He didn't have to do that, you don't often see that kindness here, it was very nice.

As it turned out, the 'American guy' was the founder of the company!

Big respect to BlackRapid!



Simon @ theblend

- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments, thoughts, maybe even a suggestion, I'd be interested to hear it!